Tuesday 25 September 2012

My favourite cat is the hat book is; The racists guide to the people of South Africa

When I came to South Africa three months ago, I had never heard of South Africa being a ‘rainbow nation’. I knew that there were blacks and whites, but that’s it. I must admit, I didn’t red anything about South Africa, but still… I thought I will see what happens when I be there. After a while it didn’t seem to work out communicating with all the divers cultures. I was so happy that I found ‘The racists guide to the people of South Africa’ written by Simon Kilpatrick. The book is about putting all the races into boxes; “            South Africa is a complex land with a lot of confusing race-related stuff going on and, quite honesty, nobody really understands what the other races are up to. It’s always been a bit of a problem. Well, problem solved! Because now this racist guide is here to help you distinguish between our many races so you can better place everyone you see into a box (because people are easier to deal with when they’re in boxes)”. This book really helped me to see why South Africans act the way they do. But this book is not only nice for foreigners like me. Everyone should and can read it. Buy that book, its only 100 rand.

No comments:

Post a Comment