Monday 17 September 2012

Bergie

I wanted to give my neighbour a package of Dutch beers to say thanks for the whole day in the hospital. Imagine: I am standing in front of his gate with my beers and a bergie comes to me.
Bergie: ‘Give me a beer’
Me: ‘No, it is a gift to my neighboor’
Bergie: ‘Give me your cigarette’
There is no question, I just have to give it. What should I do? I don’t now how to interact with bergies. This afternoon I was driving from CPUT to my house and there lies a bergie next to the robot. Is he dead? Or was he just stressed and in need of a sleep? I learned that bergies like their lifestyle of sleeping everywhere they can and drinking alcohol. They buy papsaks; a five-litler foil bag with wine, which they give new lives after drinking the wine. They blow them up and use them as pillows to sleeping off their hangover or fill them with helium and use them as a happy birthday-balloon.

No comments:

Post a Comment