Monday 17 September 2012

Grote Ramp

Last week I slipped of the stairs outside my house. I couldn’t move my arm, so I ringed at the neighbours and met Stephan. He brought me to the closest hospital from Obs; Grote Schuur. You can better call it ‘Grote Ramp’, which means ‘Big Disaster’. We came at Grote Ramp and we didn’t know where to go. No one told us. We walked around and asked the security guys. They brought me to the trauma room. Again no one was their, no reception or anything you expect in a hospital. Normally you have to check in and wait in the wait room, but at Grote Ramp, they just put me somewhere in a box with a lot of medicines I could steel. I didn’t liked it at all. I decided to search for another hospital. Stephan found one and brought me there. I love the private hospitals here, better service than in the Netherlands!

And then I found out that Grote Ramp is a government hospital, which offers free health care. If you want to be helped you have to be there 5 a.m. and if you are lucky they help you in the afternoon. Now I now I’ll never go to Grote Ramp again. But at least I met my neighbour, who stayed with me the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment