Tuesday 7 August 2012

About getting petrol


Every time when I drive my car I am looking at the petrol meter. Most people want their tank to be full and don't like to see the meter going into the red zone. But when I am coming close to the red zone I will drive some extra kilometers to get their sooner. Because when the meter is touching the red zone; It means that I am going to do something really nice! Yes, I can go to the petrol station! You must be wondering why; “Going to the petrol station isn't that great, you have to pay a lot for petrol and it costs time. Do you have a crush on the petrol boy or something?” No, I think getting petrol in South-Africa is a luxury treatment. It is just like you go to the beauty salon. You just drive to the pump, park you car, and you don't even have to park it on the right side. You give your keys to the petrol boy, lets call him Sheun. You tell Sheun which petrol you're car wants and how much you want to spend. And than you can sit back and relax, while Sheun is checking oil, water, cleans your windows, measures the tires. Than when the tank is as full as you like, I am still wondering how they do it so precisely, you can still stay in the car while paying. Its great! And off course; I don't want Sheun to put my tank full of petrol, because it will take too long before I can come back. After paying I have a sad moment because I'm leaving the petrol station. But first I thank Sheun and give him a couple Rand. But when I'm driving I feel so relaxed and I know that I can handle the rest of the day. Thank you Sheun!

No comments:

Post a Comment